Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Greivis Vasquez Makes 2nd Team All-American, Not Good Enough For Me


It was announced that now former Maryland star, Greivis Vasquez, made 2nd team All-American. I'm of course thrilled by this. However, I don't believe he's worthy of that 2nd team, he's worthy of that first team slot.


He beat Scottie Reynolds, of 'Nova. But if you take a look at the stats, there's no comparison, General Greivis was far superior. He averaged 20 points per game, Reynolds 18. Vasquez lead his team to a regular season conference title, Reynolds did not. Greivis was ACC POY, Reynolds was not. Greivis has 4.6 rebs. per game, Reynolds only had 2.7. I could go on for quite a while on how Greivis is superior to Reynolds, but I won't.
Greivis must be thrilled to have this honor, but he's better then what the honor gives him credit for. He's better then the 1st team All-American, but the voters, for some reason do not, and that's why I don't think it's right and that's why it's not good enough for me and for the way he played.

No comments:

Post a Comment